How to Use Accelerate All in One Polish & Protection
Malco Accelerate All in One Polish & Protection is a one-step polishing compound designed to remove light to medium paint defects while leaving behind a slick waxed surface with lasting protection for up to 90 days. This all-in-one polish will quickly and easily remove swirls, imperfections, and light scratches while leaving a deep glossy finish. Malco Accelerate offers a long working window and a dust-free application. It can be applied with an orbital or rotary buffer, or by hand with various foam pads or microfiber applicators. Malco Accelerate features easy removal allowing a full vehicle application before wiping off.
Before you start, we typically suggest working indoors or in a shaded area out of direct sunlight when applying waxes and polishes. However, one advantage of Accelerate is that you can apply it outside and in direct sunlight.
How to Use:
- Clean and decontaminate the painted surface with Malco CW-37 or similar car wash and a Kozak Clay Wash Mitt before use. For extremely damaged surfaces, a heavy-duty compound such as Tru-Grit® or EPIC® may be required for initial correction
- SHAKE ACCELERATE WELL
- Make sure to shake the bottle well, as the formula will separate.
- Apply 4 medium-sized drops of polish to the pad and work in a crosshatch pattern until the compound turns from opaque to clear in a 2’x2’ section.
- To ensure maximum protection, allow the product to flash or dry on the surface before removing with a microfiber (entire car may be polished prior to removal).
- If using an orbital polisher, apply at a low-speed setting, then buff at setting 5-6, if using a rotary polisher, apply at the slowest speed and then buff between 1,200-1,400 RPM.
- If working by hand, use a clean, soft applicator for best results. • Accelerate can also be applied to the pad or directly to a panel with a trigger sprayer.
- Allow it to dry to a haze before buffing off with a microfiber.
- Accelerate can be left on the vehicle for an extended amount of time, allowing full correction before removal.
- If it becomes too dry, simply dampen your microfiber to remove it. This waterbased formula allows for easy cleanup.
Remember, Accelerate All in One Polish and Protection is recommended for swirls, imperfections, and light scratches. If medium or heavy correction is required, start with a more aggressive compound like EPIC or Tru-Grit Heavy-Duty Compound and use Accelerate to finish and protect. Application is best-completed inside or in the shade but can be completed in warm climates and direct sunlight. Accelerate is compatible with virtually any automotive paint, but we recommend testing your pad and machine speed to dial in the preferred correction. Make sure to shake the bottle well, as the formula will separate.
ACCELERATE ALL IN ONE POLISH & PROTECTION FAQs
What happens if I accidentally let Accelerate dry on my car?
Answer: No worries, Accelerate will not become difficult to remove and is waterbased, so simply wipe it up with a damp cloth.
Can you apply Accelerate outside in direct sunlight if you do not have a garage to work in?
Answer: Yes, Accelerate will be fine. Just be sure to keep your panels clean, as you do not want any debris to affect the buffing process. And to make the cleanup process easier, only complete one panel at a time.
Can I put Malco’s EPIC® CR2 over Accelerate Protect and Correct?
Answer: Yes, and it is recommended as it will maintain a protective coating to ensure your paint correction will last as long as possible.
What is the best type of pad to use with Accelerate?
Answer: There are many options for pairing a pad with this product. The Malco EPIC Orange and Black pads, the Malco rotary blue foam pad, and the orbital white foam pad from Buff & Shine and Lake Country do well.
Accelerate does not seem to be removing all of the scratches and imperfections I want it to?
Answer: This product is designed for light correction and polishing to refine paint. If your paint is heavily swirled or has deeper scratches, a true correction compound such as Tru-Grit or EPIC Heavy-Duty may be required before finishing with Accelerate.