Best Automotive Detailing Products for Interior Fabric Care
If you are busy with the hustle and bustle of life, chances are your car shows it. Damaging soils can build up in your carpet between kids, pets, and food, leaving unsightly stains and lingering odors. Whether the solution you’re looking for is a reliable floor mat cleaner or something to refresh your seat fabric, we have you covered.
Xtrax™ Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner (Aerosol)
This specially formulated aerosol cleaner deep cleans all fabric and upholstery, including headliners. Leaving behind a fresh Xtrax fragrance, this unique foaming formula lifts soils without leaving an oily film behind. How to use:
- Vacuum surfaces to be cleaned
- Wet the upholstery with water
- Spray area with Xtrax
- Work foam gently into the surface 5. Blot foam, dirt, and any moisture with a towel
Malco® Enzyme Cleaner
Enzyme Cleaner uses patent-pending cleaning technology and pro-microbial action to remove embedded soils and organic materials and provide long-lasting odor control. This bio-enzymatic cleaner safely removes organic matter stains from most fabric surfaces, including carpeting and automotive seats. This innovative cleaner is highly effective on organic matter such as blood, vomit, urine, and feces. How to use:
- Start by testing in an inconspicuous area for colorfastness
- Saturate the stain with enzyme cleaner
- Allow time for the product to work. We recommend a minimum dwell time of three to five minutes.
- Do not allow the product to dry completely. If drying begins to occur, apply more enzyme cleaner to keep it moist.
- Blot and wipe the stain with a clean towel following sufficient dwell time.
- If necessary stubborn stain may be scrubbed gently with a soft bristle brush.
Oxy™ Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner
Malco Oxy is a peroxide-based, oxygenated, all-purpose fabric cleaner. This powerful, ready-to-use spray-on formula quickly removes stains from coffee, wine, juice, and some food dyes. How to use:
- Test for colorfastness on an inconspicuous area before use. Malco will not accept responsibility for damage resulting from intentional or accidental misuse of this product.
- Gloves are recommended to avoid temporary dehydration and whitening of the skin.
- Fill a trigger spray bottle with the solution and spray the product directly onto the stain to be treated.
- Let the solution work for 2-3 minutes, then wipe away the stain with a clean shop towel. Light agitation with a carpet & upholstery brush may be required for stubborn stains.
- When not in use, keep the bottle sealed and store in a cool place to maintain product strength and effectiveness. NOT FOR USE ON LEATHER.
Instant Out Spot and Stain Remover
This highly effective stain remover works on both oil and water-based stains. It is a fast-acting spot treatment that removes tough stains from carpet and upholstery without rubbing or scrubbing. Use it to remove ink, grease, oil, cola, coffee, pet stains, shoe polish, and lipstick. How to use:
- Start by spraying the affected area thoroughly
- Let dwell for 6o seconds for the stain to begin releasing
- Blot firmly with a clean absorbent cloth
- Some stains may require the use of a soft bristle brush When using a soft bristle brush, use it in a gentle circular motion
- Repeat as needed until the stain is gone
- Once the stain is eliminated, swab the area with water using a clean wet cloth and allow the area to dry
EPIC® Fabric Coat
Developed specifically for cloth seats and carpets, EPIC Fabric Coat offers durable protection from stains and spills created by liquids. This simple spray-on formula coats and bonds to individual fibers creating a hydrophobic barrier to stop fluids from penetrating the surface. Once applied, water and other liquids will roll-off or sit on top of fabric surfaces, preventing staining. DIRECTIONS Cleaning the fabric/carpet surface
- A clean surface is essential to treat the fabric/carpet for maximum protection. Be sure to sufficiently clean the carpet and fabric before applying EPIC Fabric Coat.
- Always check for colorfastness by first cleaning and treating an inconspicuous area. If the color comes off onto a clean, white cloth or the texture and/or appearance changes, discontinue the use of the product.
- Pretreat any noticeable stains with Instant Out Spot & Stain Remover before completing a general cleaning of the fabric/carpet.
- Next, clean the fabric/carpet using a suitable general cleaning liquid. We recommend Malco’s Xtrax™ Xtractor machine and Xtrax™ Liquid Fabric Cleaner & Deodorizer for the best results.
- Allow the fabric/carpet surface to dry completely before applying the EPIC Fabric Coat. If the surface is damp, it could prevent proper penetration of the fabric coat product into the surface and alter the effectiveness of the polymeric coating.
Applying the EPIC Fabric Coat
- Always check for colorfastness by applying to an inconspicuous area first. If the color comes off onto a clean, white cloth or the texture and/or appearance changes, discontinue the application of the EPIC Fabric Coat. Do not apply to leather, vinyl, or hard plastic. Malco will not assume liability for damage caused by misuse.
- Shake the bottle before beginning use.
- Fabric/carpet must be thoroughly coated for maximum protection. EPIC Fabric Coat is best applied with a trigger sprayer. Using an even fine mist pattern, spray the surface to be treated until damp to the touch. Allow the EPIC Fabric Coat to dry thoroughly and absorb into the material. The entire fiber will be encapsulated in a durable polymer shell when the coating dries. Liquids will bead up on the surface and can be quickly removed before stains have time to set into the fabric/carpet.
- Use of protective glasses, gloves, and an organic filter respirator is recommended during application. Use adequate ventilation during application and drying. Make sure car doors remain open during the drying period.
Allow to dry and cure
- The treated fabric/carpet material must be dry to the touch before using the vehicle. Typical drying time will be 2-4 hours, depending on the application rate, humidity, temperature, and air movement. Using a fan to speed up the drying time will increase the evaporation rate of the liquids. This improvement will be dependent on the temperature, humidity, and CFM of the fan.
- For maximum protection, allow EPIC Fabric Coat to cure for at least 24 hours.
Our cars are there for us through every morning we’re running late to work, every sporting event, every trip to the vet, and every family car ride. Over time, the fabric in our vehicles shows those memories, but they do not have to. Interior fabric
can be hard to maintain, but these five products make it easy.